What are spider veins?
Spider Veins are smaller, red, purple, and blue vessels that also twist and turn. Spider veins are easily visible through the skin.
Insurance Coverage for Varicose Vein and Spider Vein Treatment
Many insurance companies cover the cost of treating varicose veins, but generally not for spider veins. We will check with your Insurance Company before any treatment is started.
We also provide comprehensive care for Spider Veins as well as treatment of Limb Swelling and Venous Disease.
Cause of Varicose and Spider Veins:
- Occupations that involve a lot of standing, i.e. nurses
- Hormonal influences of pregnancy, puberty, and menopause
- The use of birth control pills
- Postmenopausal hormonal replacement
- A history of blood clots
- Support stockings. The most conservative approach is simply to wear properly-fitting support hose
- Sclerotherapy- Using a liquid or foam chemical injection to reduce the appearance of the vein by closing up the blood vessel.